Saturday, May 18, 2013

Verbs in Indonesian Language 3 ( verbs with "me-" )

Verbs start with prefix "me-"

~Verbs with "me-" are generally transitive. It's used to make an action to a direct object.
~It's spelled normally without nasal sound on the initial sound ( me- )
  but it becomes nasalized when "me-" changes into 4 forms : "mem-", "men-", "meng-", "meny-"


1. me-

~ l or r ( merasa = to feel; meluncur = to slide )
~ m, n, ny ( memasak = to cook; menari = to dance; menyanyi = to sing )


2. mem

~ b ( membaca = to read )
~ p ( memanggil ( panggil ) = to call ) * The "p" is omitted
3. men-
    ~ c, d, j ( mencuci = to wash; mendaftar = to register; menjual = to sell )
    ~ t ( menarik = to pull ) * The "t" is omitted

    4. meng- ( mostly used in daily conversation for words starting with a vowel )
      ~  vowel, g , h ( mengadu = to compete; menggaris = to line; menghitung = to count )
      ~ k ( mengirim ( kirim ) = to send ) * The "k" is omitted
      ~ Foreign loan word ( meng-install = to install )

      5. meny-

      ~ s ( menyisir ( sisir ) = to comb ) * The "s" is omitted

      No comments:

      Post a Comment